The topic of saltwater (or saline) pools versus chlorine pools is one that triggers hot debate among swimming pool enthusiasts. Certainly, there are pros and cons to each. At the end of the day, it's all about your preferences and your family's lifestyle.
I Don't Even Know What a Saltwater Pool is.
Everyone is pretty familiar with the traditional chlorine swimming pool, as well as with the red eyes, frizzled hair, and itchy skin the pool chemicals can cause. Saltwater pools are a very different experience, one you should try before you make the decision to convert or not to convert.
The biggest downside to saltwater pools is that salt creates greater wear and tear on everything in and around the pool. It can also leave a white, dusty residue around the pool area. There are lots of benefits, too. Here are just a few:
- The water in a saltwater pool feels softer and silkier, making for a luxurious swimming experience.
- There are no harsh chemicals in the water, so there will be no red eyes or itchy skin after swimming.
- You'll find that you float more easily in saltwater.
- It is much easier and cheaper to maintain a clean saltwater pool. No more algae blooms!
- The annual savings on chemicals and cleaners is considerable.
- They are environmentally friendly.
The Saltron Conversion System
Adding a mild salt solution to your pool changes the salt ions in the the water and, when used in conjunction with a chlorine generator, to sanitizes your pool. Salt levels are nearly undetectable and the concentration is less than in human tears. A conversion system like the Saltron® system makes switching to saltwater easy, as it retro-fits onto almost any above-ground and in-ground pool up to 20,000 gallons. Constructed of commercial-grade components, its operation is efficient and affordable. It arrives at your home with a power cord and a pool-safe transformer and it can be wired for 110V or 220V. The Saltron® system also comes with a 1-year warranty.
We offer Saltron Saltwater Chlorine Generators for the low price of $289 with fast and free shipping to the lower 48 states. If you have any questions about saltwater systems, please contact us and we'd be happy to assist you.