- Above-Ground Pools
- Steps & Ladders
- Floats & Toys
- Chemicals & Cleaners
You have no items in your shopping cart.
- above ground pool deals
- above ground pools
- ADA approved pool lifts
- diving boards
- pool alarms
- pool chemicals
- pool filter systems
- pool fountains
- pool heaters
- pool heat pumps
- pool ladders
- pool lights
- pool outdoor showers
- pool slides
- pool solar blankets
- pool steps
- pool toys
- pool umbrellas
- replacement pool pumps
- saltwater pools
- soft sided pools
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Soft-sided pools come in different shapes including round and rectangular, to suit any taste. These pools can also be a variety of depths and sizes, making it easy for homeowners to find one that fits their needs. The pools can be placed on any surface including grass, dirt, concrete, or even sand or gravel, and have liners that are extremely durable and puncture resistant. They can, in some instances, even be placed on uneven ground without issue, although level ground is always the best choice for the pool.
The soft-sided pools usually come with the pump, pool cleaning kit and ladder. They can last several years or more with proper care and cleaning. In cold climates, these pools may degrade slightly faster to due to exposure to ice and snow, but they are still a very durable and affordable option for backyard aboveground pools. Pro-Series makes a great selection of soft-sided above ground pools that are a great quality and are built to last. Check out the many styles and options at PoolsAndStuff.com. Compared to Intex® brand pools, Pro-Series soft side pools offer great value and features.
The Pro-Series offers a powerful surface skimmer that helps remove leaves and has a removable built-in skimmer basket for easy cleaning. It also includes a pump and filter system that attaches to the side wall, keeping it out of the way and safe.
If you a looking for a best quality check out our Premier Soft-Side Pool models, made in the USA.
With all the benefits of above ground pools including low cost, portability, ease of installation, many features and options, as well as easy maintenance, soft-sided pools might be the perfect option for your family to make this summer the best one yet. Visit our website for more details and an amazing selection of soft-sided pools to fit your needs and style. We also offer free shipping in the 48 states. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boWFW9oxA4U
Monday, May 14, 2012
The benefits include:
- Cost - The major benefit of an above-ground pool is the cost. When compared to an in-ground pool, the savings is many thousands and thousands of dollars. Also, in-ground pools add to the value of your home and cause your home to be assessed at a higher rate, increasing your property taxes. This is typically not an issue with an above-ground pool since it is not a permanent addition to a home.
- Portability - The portability of an above-ground pool is also a major benefit. You can relocate the pool if you redesign your backyard landscape or want it in a sunnier location, or take it with you if you purchase a new home. Above-ground pools offer a great deal of flexibility and size options to fit your needs. You can also take them down after summer to allow the use of your full yard during winter or the off-season if needed.
- Ease of Installation - The installation of an above-ground pool is simple and painless compared to the long process of installing an in-ground pool. Instead of tearing apart the backyard, above-ground pools can be installed in less than a day with minimal intrusion to current backyard landscaping.
- Similar Features - Above-ground pools come with many different features and accessories including diving boards, steps, slides and more. They come in all shapes and sizes to accommodate a huge crowd or small family. Enjoying your backyard pool is equally as rewarding above ground as it is in-ground.
- Safer Option - Depending on how you set up the above-ground pool, it is typically more difficult for small children or pets to fall in. You can remove the ladder when the pool is not in use, making it nearly impossible to enter, making it a safer alternative to in-ground setups. There are also a full range of safety ladders for above ground pools. Some have a flip up ladder, some have locking gates, and more
- Easier Maintenance - Despite still needing chemicals and a filter, above-ground pools are smaller than in-ground pools and require less chemicals and water. Also, above ground pool heating options can be cheaper as well.
Friday, March 23, 2012
Let’s kick it off with some fun and exciting facts on pools to lighten up the mood and provide some great talking points for those that question your decision to get a pool.
- The Titanic was the first ship to have a heated swimming pool.
- Swimming became an amateur sport in the late part of the nineteenth century.
- Ancient drawings and paintings found in Egypt depicting people swimming date back to 2500 AD.
- Elephants can swim as many as 20 miles a day — they use their trunks as natural snorkels!
- Swimming exercises all of the body’s major muscles
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt had the first indoor swimming pool put in the West Wing at the White House.
- 65% of people in the U.S. don’t know how to swim.
- An hour of vigorous swimming will burn up to 650 calories. It burns off more calories than walking or biking.
- President Gerald Ford had an in ground pool installed near the tennis courts on the White House grounds in 1975.
- Swimming became a part of the Olympic Games in 1896.
- Most swimmers at the highest levels of competition train from four to five hours per day and five to seven days per week. They will typically swim about six to twelve miles per day along with weight training and flexibility training.
- Water’s buoyancy make swimming the ideal exercise for physical therapy and rehabilitation or for anyone seeking a low-impact exercise.
- The slowest Olympic swim stroke is the breaststroke.
- The two-piece bathing suit known as bikini got its name from Bikini Atoll, a US nuclear test site in the South Pacific.
- Swimming strengthens the heart and lungs
- The first man to cross the English Channel swimming from England to France is Englishman Captain Matthew Webb in 1875.
- An Olympic size pool depending on its size (50 meters X 25 yards or meters) can hold from 700,000 to 850,000 gallons of water.
- Swimming helps reduce stress
- The average person produces 25,000 quarts of saliva in his or her lifetime — that’s enough spit to fill TWO swimming pools!
- Swim fins were invented by Benjamin Franklin.
- Michael Phelps has won a total of 14 gold medals and 2 bronze medals in a pool.
©2012 & Stuff Network
Pools And Stuff provides you the best above-ground pools and accessories at sale prices, everyday. You can conveniently order online 24/7 and delivery is free. Benefit from the best pool prices and our excellent customer service. Buy an above ground pool for your backyard, on sale year-round at Pools And Stuff.